Upper back pain can be very troublesome. It can affect your daily activities as you might face issues sitting, walking, or doing any other chores. Here are a few possible reasons behind the pain:
- Injury or overuse: If you pull your back muscle due to an injury while playing a contact sport or driving. It may lead to upper back pain. Similarly, overuse of your back muscle can also lead to the same.
- Poor posture: If you are sitting in a position that is constantly putting pressure on your back muscle. It can lead to pain in the upper back and even neck or shoulder depending on the posture.
- Arthritis: This is a condition where our cartilage begins to degenerate, and it becomes harder for muscles to carry the load. After a time, the issue transforms into pain around the upper body.
- Position during sleep: On average, a person spends 1/3 of his time sleeping. If they are sleeping in a poor position, which puts pressure on their back. After a while, they will experience upper back pain.
- Scoliosis: If for your some reason, your spine curvature change from the natural position, it leads to upper back pain. This condition is known as scoliosis, and the worst part is it can only be diagnosed at a young age.
- Myofascial Pain: In this condition, the person feels discomfort in their muscle or connective tissue. Over time, this leads to associate pain in the upper back region.
The upper back pain can be a big hindrance in your daily life. But if you visit a pain management clinic like CWPCLV, we can help you alleviate the pain with our surgical and non-surgical treatment.