Chronic Back Pain is a very irritating and debilitating condition. We use our backs everyday in almost all activities. The inability to do our normal activities or live a day to day life can be exhausting and disappointing. To avoid this struggle, it is advisable to regulate your daily habits. Here are a few ways you can support your back.
- Sit in a proper posture: If you sit in a bad posture for long hours. Then, your spine will curve and lead to pain and other issues. Hence, it is recommended to support your spine throughout the day by sitting properly.
- Sit with your knees bent at right angles and heels touching the ground.
- Always sit back and provide lumbar support to preserve the natural spine position.
- Don’t slouch forward; instead, bring your chair forward.
These small changes will have a big effect on your back.
- Practice in Back exercise and stretches: Exercise and stretches improve your back’s muscles strength and reduce chronic back pain. Your muscles would be better suited to support the spine and increase flexibility. We recommend you consult a medical professional before you begin since not every stretch or exercise may be suitable for your condition and may cause aggravation.
- Engage in low-impact aerobic activity: Aerobic activities improve muscle strength and ensure blow flow in tissues. This is very handy while supporting your back. Here are a few aerobic activities which you can participate in daily – exercise bike, using an elliptical machine, and walking. If you feel lower back pain during these activities, avoid it and go for water therapy.
These are just a few tips from our doctors and experts from “The Center for Wellness & Pain Care of Las Vegas,” If you follow them regularly, your chances of chronic pain will reduce significantly.